Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ann, please meet Junya



Ann Demeulemeester boots, Mary Meyer drop-crotch pants, American Apparel long-sleeve tee, Junya Watanabe shrug.

This outfit pretty much sums up how I dress, fashion-wise, nowadays.

A lot of black, and layers to keep me warm.
Oh and pants definitely, especially drop-crotch for that little extra swagger ;)

My favourite pair of boots from Ann Demeulemeester, the triple rows of laces, the slight faded black leather, it’s all a little goth-meets-mad Maxine! (kudos to luckyme@TFS for coining the last phrase ) These are so iconic and seem to make everything I wear it with, so much better to me. I would have never imagined that it would be possible to be in awe of a pair of boots, but with this pair, I most definitely am!

And my Junya shrug, it’s so incredibly soft and warm with a faux fur collar, which I am so happy with because I just cannot wear real fur. Mostly because of my bunnies and mostly because I am not comfortable with the idea of wearing real fur. It’s really a stylish blanket of sorts and I say this because the fluctuating weather in California has given me a bout of flu and it’s just so comforting to have something cosy to cuddle up to in the car, at the office, at Starbucks..you get the idea. In fact the shrug is laying on my lap right now and I am sporadically squeezing it and sniffing it as I type :P

8 comments:

Dominica said...

I recognized de Ann Demeulemeesters boots ; the shop is down where I live...still have to post a picture of that shop...
Saw that they've put also their decorations in the shop...It looked like paper that has been through a document-dispenser and every piece had a wish on it...will try to check that out for you today ...
very special...

PrincessImp. said...

Oh my goodness, it certainly sounds special!
If you could post a picture of the shop it'll my wonderful! My bunnies thank you :D

Vanna said...

You look great PI!

The boots are especially rockin!

Nina (Femme Rationale) said...

OMG, i'm so jealous of your outfit. every piece is just amazing. and where are u in CA? i wanna say SF?...

btw, thank you so much for adding my site to your blog lists. i will add yours to mine right now.

Anonymous said...

i love that top!

xoxo,
La C.

S. said...

This look is simply superb.

That stole takes everything out of the 'ordinary' and I love those boots! =D

PrincessImp. said...

Thanks Vanna, La C and Pucci!

Nina - thanks for the link up :) I'm in SF, though I would love to live/work there someday! I'm located south of LA in Orange County.

Fashion Is Poison said...

ahhh you've been updating!! i'm so glad! we have the same boots! i think we're distant twins or something..we have a lot of the same things! sweet outfit ;)