Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I can see you...

I am alive! I promise I have not forgotten about this blog but work has been crazy. Let's just say it never rains, but floods!!

Did anyone catch this perspex briefcase during Chanel's F/W RTW 09 show?

chanell

From trendsnow.net

I really love the humor and wit behind this, practicality issues notwithstanding. The perspex briefcase reminds me of the blister pack packaging that the action figures I used to purchase came in. Yes, there was a time in my past when I collected action figures...did I mention I'm a comic fan-girl too? (And no, I haven't watched Watchmen yet -_-) Back to the topic, I think Kaiser Karl has taken the idea of the iconic 2.55 as an investment item in these unstable economic times and literally issued it in a "collectible" packaging. The idea that the 2.55 comes with its own accessories (Chanel cosmetics, the iPod, geek glasses..), like any action figure, is simply wicked. I'll love to see someone rock it in real life....even if it can't really hold much, there shouldn't be any issues with airport security when one is using this briefcase!

I'll be heading to Vegas this weekend with KL to meet up with a friend, before I take off to New York on the 24th. I promise vacation posts in April...seriously this break couldn't come fast enough!

6 comments:

Dominica said...

I did a post on it but the pink one, a week ago .. the black looks more chique ... but Karl has to make designs for any kind of Chanel customer I guess ... :-)

Dominica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dominica said...

Back again ;
Are you headed to Vegas with Karl Lagerfeld ?
:-O

PrincessImp. said...

^Haha..nope! My husband's initals are KL, so that is what a lot of people refer to him as. You are not the first one to point it out to me, so maybe it's written in the stars that my preference for Chanel is meant to be ;)

Fashionology said...

I LOVE THIS CHANEL BAG!!! <3

Egle Z. said...

I love it!